USF Mentoring Program Now Open!
Become a Mentor or Mentee today
The USF Mentoring Program now allows alumni to do both. Alumni can connect with students and fellow alumni using an online platform that allows them to create profiles, get matched, schedule meeting times and attend training workshops. This program is of no cost and completely online so that alumni from around the world can participate.
Sign Up and Get Connected!
Here’s how to get started.
- Check out the new landing page USF Mentoring.
- Take the opportunity to view the videos, Program Overview and Mentoring Fundamentals. Here you will get some basics of the program.
- Create your mentoring profile by clicking on the blue button titled Create your Mentoring Profile. Here you will create:
- a biography
- your status, by clicking the box if you choose to be a Mentor, Mentee or both. If you choose both, you will have the opportunity to not only be a mentor to students but be able to connect with other alumni and be mentored.
- choose topics that are your industry experience or expertise.
- choose your mentor focus area.
- set up your calendar of availability (Mentors are required to offer at least one hour a month of availability.) However, the more availability that is offered the easier it is to create a match.)
- Register for Mentoring Orientation/Skill Building for Mentors Workshop under Upcoming Workshops. This is a live monthly webinar. Choose the one most convenient for you. If you cannot make any of the scheduled live webinars, please contact Melissa Eastman at firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to the video. Throughout the course of the mentoring relationship additional workshops will be provided to experience and discuss with your mentee. These include Skill Building for Mentors, Propelling Your Career with Mentors and Sponsors, Networking with Intention, Learning to Lead Through Mentoring and The Art of Negotiation. These will be scheduled and appear under Upcoming Workshops for your scheduling convenience.
- Once you have created your profile, availability and are fully orientated please feel free to take this time to utilize the multiple resources on the site such as the Mentoring Basics Blog Series, Templates and Frequently Asked Questions. Don’t worry if you do not get a student match immediately. Student mentees are scheduled to join the program in September but first we need to get all the mentors ready! In the meantime, this is also a great time to connect with other alumni through this platform.
For questions or additional information please contact Melissa Eastman at email@example.com or 260.399.8032.
Office of Alumni Relations
Offices location in the Alumni House and Career Center located at 3209 Bass Rd.
Director of Alumni Relations
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations